THE cultural department headed under the convenor-ship of Mrs Jyotsna Gulati (Assistant Professor in Commerce)has crossed great milestones in its initial years. The girls have portrayed many talents in college on various occasions and all the festivals have been properly celebrated where girls exhibited enormous talent in singing dancing poetry declamation art craft drawing painting Mehndi competitions.
• The girls participated in Talent hunt held at Govt College Sidhrawali and bagged prizes in poetry and painting competitions. The girls also participated in youth festival organized by Gurugram University with full vigour and were appreciated for their performances in various fields. Apart from this, lockdown provided ample opportunities to the girls to showcase their talent.The girls won many prizes in various events held by the colleges:
• NIKITA B.com 2nd year won 1stprize in Inter-College essay writing competition organized by Govt.College for Girls Pillukhera(Jind)
• ANISHA SEJWAL Bcom 2nd year won 1st prize in national level essay writing competition organized by Goswami Ganesh Dutt Sanatan Dharam College Palwal
• NIDHI BSc 2nd year won 2nd prize in slogan writing competition organized by Gurunanak Khalsa College Yamunanagar.
• NIKITA Bcom 2nd year won 2nd prize in inter college poster making competition organized by Govt.College for Girls,Sec-14 Gurugram.
The college cultural committee organized ”LEHER” as the cultural fest of college where girls participated with full enthusiasm and vigour and made college proud by their stunning performances in various activities.
The Cultural department has left no stone unturned in providing a platform to girls so that they may rise to higher levels of endeavour and achievement.
WOMEN CELL ACTIVITIES:
The women cell of the college worked under the convenor-ship of Mrs Suman Kharb (Deptt of Economics) who performed her duties with diligence and conducted various activities for girls empowerment. A 7 days workshop on self defence was held under women cell from 8th november2019 to November 2019 by Self Defence instructor Mr. Dharmender Yadav instructor from Bharat Taekwondo Institute.
A lecture on women empowerment was delivered by Dr. Kiran Lamba Assistant Professor, Deptt. of Economics on 14th October to make girls more aware of their rights and responsibilities.
A three days beautification workshop was held in the college from 19th February 2020 to 21st February 2020 by Vaishali Parlour for self grooming of girls and all the girls actively participated in the workshop.
All the activities were duly conducted and the college has always done its best for girls development and growth.
NSS committee headed by Mrs Akshi Goyal (Department of Chemistry) has done tremendous work under her guidance and hard work. A lot of activities for girls and their mental physical development were undertaken by the NSS head.
• Various activities were held under SHRAMDAAN like campus cleaning, plantation.
• All NSS Volunteers of GCG Manesar,Gurugram downloaded AarogyaSetu App.
• 120 homemade masks are provided by NSS volunteers to people.
• Registered 64 NSS volunteers on Diksha App.
• Total 930 people are made aware of COVID-19 by NSS volunteers collectively through phone calls.
• Guided NSS volunteers to participate in various online competitions and as a result, One NSS volunteer of GCG Manesar, Gurugram bagged 2nd position in Online National Level Slogan writing competition organized by NSS,Guru Nanak Khalsa College, Yamunanagar.
• National Voter’s Day was celebrated on 25th Jan 2020.
• National De-worming Day was celebrated on 10th Feb 2020.
Events Organized in the Campus:
HARIT Haryana Abhiyan
GCG Manesar Gurugram celebrated HARIT Haryana Abhiyan in full swing. Each student planted a sapling and tied a Rakhi to it under Vrikshabandhan campaign on the occasion of Raksha Bandhan.
SHRAMDAAN 2nd Phase 19.02.2020 to 29.02.2020
Volunteers cleaned the campus and ensured beautification of the same.
A three day beautification workshop was organized from 19.02.2020 to 21.02.2020 by Vaishali Parlour for self grooming of girls.
Prabhat Feri was organized to advise community to take measures to curb Air Pollution.
Workshop communication skills and personality development to promote various competitive skills.
A 7 day workshop was workshop was organized on self defence under women cell by Mr. Dharmender Yadav from Bharat Taekwondo Institute.